Thursday, October 21, 2010

Operation Paci No More

This week we took on a new challenge, fondly referred to as "Operation Paci No More".


On Monday morning, we gathered all the pacifiers we could find.


We clipped the tips off of two of the pacifiers and put away the rest. Now, I might have gotten a bit excited and clipped off more than the tip....


Shannon did not ask for her paci til nap time, and then I gave her the paci with the clipped tip. She put it in her mouth, then took it out and looked at it, tried it again, took it out again and brought it to me saying "paci broken". I gave her the other clipped one... and she again said it is broken. Yep, it is broken. I then told her that is ok, she is a big girl not a baby so she doesn't need it. : )

Well, that was all find and good... until nap time.

She is not sleeping.. just saw me taking a picture of her throwing a fit, so she covered her face. No nap to be had on day one. She just could not figure out how to soothe herself and go to sleep. BUT, luckily, she never cried "I want my paci".... she just cried because she was tired and not sure what to do with herself. Bedtime at night one was rough.. and no one really slept that night... well, atleast not til 4am to 7am. Awesome. But after that.... it has gotten easier. By the second night she is back to sleeping easily at night and through the night, and by day four nap time was easy...

So, we are officially done with paci. She does still tell us at bedtime "My paci is broken", though it is more of a statement. Whew. All in all, easier than we expected.


No comments: