Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stay Awake

We recently returned from a trip to visit family in Washington and Idaho. While in Idaho, we attended church where Uncle Ross is the pastor. Allie spent the church service in a pew row towards the back of the church, with her back to Uncle Ross, coloring in a new book (doing connect the dots and color by number with Aunt Kris). She was not acting up, but did not appear the least bit interested in what Uncle Ross was saying, though she did go up front for the children's message.

We came home on Monday, and on Wednesday at nap time, I told Allie it was time to rest. With little enthusiasm and a bit of grumbling, she went upstairs with me. As she climbed into her bed she insisted she was not the least bit tired. I told her that was ok, her body needed rest anyway. She then told me.. "mom, remember when Uncle Ross was the Pastor and we went to his church?" I said "yes". She said, "mom, uncle ross told us at church that we needed to stay awake... so I cant take a rest".

Uncle Ross's sermon was about us staying awake in our lives as we wait for Christ to Return. Uh, I guess she was listening, and decided to use this sermon to her benefit. Anyone who believes children do not understand what is going on in the "big" church, well... perhaps you are not giving the kiddos the benefit of the doubt.

No comments: